Police and Peace Officer
Of the Year Awards (POYA)
NOW ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS FOR THE
2018 POLICE AND PEACE OFFICER OF THE YEAR AWARDS
Police and Peace Officer of the Year Awards (POYA) honours enforcement officers in Newfoundland and Labrador that perform beyond the call of duty both on the job and in the community.
Nominations for the 2018 awards are now being accepted on or before March 21, 2018.
POYA is an annual awards program that is coordinated by Newfoundland and Labrador Crime Stoppers. Nominations are now being accepted in confidence from police or peace officers as well as members of the general public and community organizations for:
· Police Officer of the Year – Royal Canadian Mounted Police
· Police Officer of the Year – Royal Newfoundland Constabulary
· Peace Officer of the Year – employed for the preservation and maintenance of the public peace or for the service or execution of civil processes.
About POYA:Over 20 years provincial police officers from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary have been recognized for their professional and contribution to the communities in which they were stationed. In 2014 and to better represent the enforcement entities that contribute and engage with all the province the POYA program expanded to also recognize peace officers employed throughout Newfoundland and Labrador for the preservation and maintenance of the public peace or for the service or execution of civil process.
Who to Nominate: Eligibility for this year’s awards include (but not exclusively):
· Royal Canadian Mounted Police
· Royal Newfoundland Constabulary
· Correctional Services Canada
· Canadian Border Services Agency
· Dept. Fisheries and Oceans
· Military Police
· Liquor Inspectors
· Fish and Wildlife
· Canada Revenue Agency
How to Nominate: In preparing individual nominations please note:
· A complete nomination package MUST include a completed nomination form and a nomination summary.
· Nominators may nominate more than one officer however you MUST complete a separate nomination for each person.
· A nomination summary of no more than three pages should accompany each nomination package and should specifically address:
o His/her professionalism and dedication to public service and benefit to others;
o His/her contribution to community, region and/or province;
o His/her demonstrated leadership and describe outstanding accomplishments on the job;
o His/her performance of special acts or services in the public interest and;
o Any other information you may wish to supply to best describe why you are nominating this person.
· Past nominations can be resubmitted for consideration.
Click here for the printable nomination form.
The deadline for nominations is on or before March 21, 2018.
Please mail or email all complete nominations to:
Newfoundland and Labrador Crime Stoppers
Police and Peace Officer of the Year
P.O. Box 9700, Stn. A,
St. John’s, NL A1A 3T5
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 709-772-3888.
Who Can Nominate: 2018 POYA nominations will be accepted from the general public, provincial organizations as well as any provincial police or peace officer.
The 2018 Police and Peace Officer of the Year Awards is proudly supported by the VOCM Cares Foundation.